GRASS ISN'T ALWAYS GREENER
Due to its many environmental benefits, our synthetic turf is naturally a green product. Learn more about how the benefits surpass natural grass.
- Reserves millions of gallons of water each year
- Removes dangerous chemicals, pesticides, and fertilizers
- Eradicates the requirement for pollution - producing mowing machinery
- Provides support to the U.S. Green Building Council
LEED 2009 NEW CONSTRUCTION AND MAJOR RENOVATIONS
- WE CREDIT 1.1: WATER EFFICIENT LANDSCAPING: REDUCE BY 50% (1 POINT)
- WE CREDIT 1.2: WATER EFFICIENT LANDSCAPING: NO POTABLE WATER USE OR NO IRRIGATION (1 POINT IN ADDITION TO WE CREDIT 1.1)
MATERIALS & RESOURCES
- MR CREDIT 5.1: REGIONAL MATERIALS: 10% EXTRACTED, PROCESSED & MANUFACTURED REGIONALLY (1 POINT)
- MR CREDIT 5.2: REGIONAL MATERIALS: 20% EXTRACTED, PROCESSED & MANUFACTURED REGIONALLY (1 POINT IN ADDITION TO MR CREDIT 5.1)
INSTALLING SYNTHETIC TURF IS A POSITIVE MOVE FOR WATER CONSERVATION
Residential landscape irrigation is approximated to use up to nearly 9 billion gallons of water each day.
In certain areas, outdoor water use can add up to 70 percent of Greenwich resident's water consumption. Between 30,000 and 70,000 gallons of water per year is consumed to water a 1,000 square foot lawn.
AND IT WILL SAVE MONEY
For a 1,000 square foot installation, this can mean a savings of 70,000 gallons annually, or as much as $350 off the water bill, alone. Our residential synthetic turf products are warrantied for 15 years, so over the life of the lawn, our customers save around $5,250 in water cost.
The mean cost of fertilizers and pesticides for residential properties in Greenwich is $0.20 square foot every year. For a 1,000 sq ft project, that results in savings of $200 per year, or $3000 during the entire life of the lawn.
ELIMINATE WASTE AND TIME SPENT ON MAINTENANCE
The EPA forecasts that, on average, 33.2 million tons of yard waste were built up every year, the third-largest component of Municipal Solid Waste in landfills. The average resident spends 150 hours each year maintaining the lawn. Artificial turf eliminates that need.